ilovemylife

Saturday, October 24, 2009

A thought

I had a thought the other day. As I laid in bed going through my day and what was to come tomorrow I realized how quickly my birthday would be here. In the moment I thought, "I guess I finally figured out how to be 22," to which I quickly realized, "Actually NO, I have not learned how to be 22, I am just going to skip to 23-let's see how that goes."

As we all know, 22 has not been the easiest year of my life. I have looked forward to being 22 since I was a little girl and I have disappointingly been let down, very far down. I can't say I figured out how to be 22, but I can say that I persevered, went through a lot of crap, and now it's at least close to being over. It's been a LONG year and in no way has it been easy. I'm not sure what I learned this year or what I was supposed to get out of it, but maybe there will be some follow-up in my 23rd year. Come a month from now this blog will be "My life at 23" (unless I think of something a little more witty). Let's hope this year goes a little better.

2 comments:

  1. how bout "looking for A MO better life"
    or "I have the cutest nieces and nephews"
    or "all anthro all the time"
    "anthro girl living in a Target world"
    There's more...just wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that last one is depressing--but SO true!

    ReplyDelete