ilovemylife

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Eulogy of a Good Friend

To my good friend, you have done well to me these last 18 months. You've provided immediate fulfillment in tough times and nourishment only you could provide. You have been manifested in so many ways to reach all corners of this place we call home. You welcome me with open arms always sharing your many facets.

But now, you've turned my back and abandoned me. You were my last glimmer of hope, and now I am all alone. What will I do without you? New friends come and go. Although I feared you might one day leave me, I had hope that you'd stick by me, be my friend, my joy. Now you bring me pain and frustration, discomfort and only a brief moment of contentment. I'm afraid we can no longer exist in friendship, although my memories of you will forever be of the joy you've brought me for so long. Now you must join the other friends I have put to rest. I think dearly of each of you.

To my dear frenemie, frozen yogurt, you will be missed dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment