ilovemylife

Monday, October 26, 2009

It's official

The pressure is on. Now that my blog has been "linked" with another per someone I may or may not be related to, it's on! I am fairly positive no one has actually followed the link yet, but that may have something to do with the midnight-mama crowd that stalks each others websites. For those of you who don't know, mid-night mamas are all those crazy moms, stay-at-home or not, who inch along throughout their day in dire anticipation of the post bedtime freedom they are allowed once the kiddos are safe in bed. Come 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00...little by little these mamas inch their way to one blog, then another, and another. The blogging goes on and I am pretty sure they are the reason for the existence of it all.

Obviously I cannot say I am part of this specific blogging crowd, but now that I follow two such blogs, I can say I am at least a part time blogger, especially now that I am a gluten-free
stalk---er, I mean mean blogger.

Perhaps it has something to do with deleting my Facebook, or rather, "deactivating" my Facebook. Apparently I needed to find some other online forum for keeping my brain going at all hours of the night. But let's be frank. Actually, I'll be frank, you be Alice. I like writing. I have always been a writer in some capacity whether it be journaling or writing papers. (Want to know a secret? I really enjoyed writing papers in college--even the ones I procrastinated to do). I like writing and my mind is constantly going, especially once night falls. I have been a night owl since the days of sleepovers at Grammy's house when I stayed up long past any decent hour watching Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, nighttime specials and Law and Order reruns. I followed in her footsteps and sometimes beyond. There must have been something in the eggnog.

Writing is a means of straightening out the thoughts in my oh-so-jumbled head. There are too many to count, sort or organize, so writing becomes the best means for living out my type-A tendencies. That and strategically putting all my food in type/size specific plastic ware organized by style in my pantry. And obsessively organizing, then reorganizing my ever expanding collection of earrings and pajama shirts.

I love writing and this has become my forum for doing so. Would I one day like to make a career out of it? Yes. Children's books perhaps? Check. Cookbook writing? Check. So this is the beginning. There may not always be a method to it. I may not always have a witty and descriptive title (although I personally find my blog title quite smart), but here it is and here I am. Shaken and stirred but hopefully not repeated.

2 comments:

  1. Have you been to pioneerwoman.com ? She has a cool story and a new cookbook. I think you could be here..with your own twist of course. I read something today about writing that was kind of cool--that sometimes you just need to sit down with a yellow legal pad and write, and that having a plan can help--John Grisham knew the last page of his books when he wrote the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when I read your post, because yes, I just put my boys to bed, and checked Corrina's blog, which led me to your blog - it is all so true :)

    ReplyDelete