ilovemylife

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

pearls of wisdom and other thoughts

I've learned a few things recently. Please enjoy my pearls of wisdom (or just the things that go through my brain).

1. We in Children's Ministry really, really like to label things:
No, I did not label this but someone definitely did.

2. I can make a mean Banana Bread.

3. No matter how crazy people think I am I still really, really want a bunny.
I mean, come on, how awesome is this?

4. 5am will always be an ungodly hour of the morning.

5. April showers bring May flowers, and 5th grade girls are flirts.

6. Boys are dense, at all ages.

7. You know how people always say "Oh, I can't have another show, I already have too much to keep up with in my [fill in type of T.V. recording device of your choice]"? Well, I never knew the feeling, until know. For a girl who grew up on Wayne's World, Encino Man, Clueless, Son-in-Law, The Simpsons, and all other quality 90's T.V. and movies, this is a very unfortunate revelation.

8. Spencer Pratt might be the only thing to make both God and the Devil laugh.

9. The iPhone is either the "best ministry tool ever created" or a loaf of bread in the desert, i.e. a gift from Satan.

10. Everyone should make it a priority to watch "MTV Jams" after 10pm for this and other incredible and necessary television.

11. Junior highers and sprinkles should never be in the same sentence, nor in the same room.

And here is what I have yet to learn: At what point did posting >100 word thoughts and activities become a career? i.e. Twitter. Answers welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious! You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I still can't believe you watched Son-In-Law every day after Kindergarten. Can you imagine my kindergartener watching that? HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny!! I am here from Corrina's blog - I see she's sending you some sister love :) Especially loved #8 and 9!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love #8, that is too funny! #6 and #3, awesome! I had bunnies, I understand the love.

    ReplyDelete