ilovemylife

Thursday, May 13, 2010

things i'm learning (this week)

1. Where some might call me "delicate" I'd call it confidence.
I'll let you decide for yourself.

2. When you ask God to surprise you, he doesn't doesn't let you down.
(more on this later)

3. The text smile or " : ) " is the boy version of text-flirting.
We've all heard of "sexting" but what about 'tirting"?
Oh yes, I went there.

Texting + Flirting = Tirting.

Sounds like you might need to change your skivvies, right? In my highest hopes the term will stop people from doing it considering it sounds like you're about to mess in your drawers, but I'm not about to bet my favorite chones on it. Clearly "sexting" did not stop sex-texting. Look, I'm not saying this term is going to catch on, but if it does--I'm just saying I deserve a little credit for it. If you're judging me right now--you're just jealous you didn't think of it. If you're laughing at me right now--good job. That's was my goal.

4. Sometimes no plan is the best plan.

5. Separation brings out the worst in people and change gives you the option to sink or swim.

6. God knows timing way better than I do.

7. According to Scripture cleanliness is not next to Godliness. However, planning (my other vice) might actually be next to Godliness.
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Now if only I could rationalize my other vices with Scripture.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and peanut butter." Genesis 1:1

8. God doesn't like to give it to us all at once. He'd rather give us just enough to keep us going. Wonder why? I guess to keep us needing him...apparently he prefers it that way.

9. Yes I have a blog, but social media scares the crap out of me.

What have you learned?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I need YOUR Bible...I like the Gen 1:1 reference. :D Uh oh, I just tirted. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stuck in Jeremiah this week... Knowing that God has a plan for me, but I'm just trying to lean into Him to figure out what it is! Seriously though, Jeremiah 29:11 has been everywhere for me this week!!!
    PS I love that there is no word verification. I can now love you forever. :)

    ReplyDelete