ilovemylife

Monday, November 23, 2009

Seriously?

Pretty much the whole of last week I spent bloated-and not the "OMG, I feel so fat" kind of bloated. Each day the bloating started a little earlier--5pm Tuesday, 3pm Wednesday, 3pm Thursday, 1pm Friday, 11am Saturday...seriously?? When this happens I usually start asking myself a million questions:

1. What have I eaten today?
2. Was there something in my food I shouldn't have eaten?
3. Am I just stressed?
4. Do I need sleep?
5. Seriously, what did I eat to cause this?
6. What can I eat/do to fix this?
7. How many different medicines can I try to make this go away?
8. Is it possible to overdose on a cocktail of the following meds?
-Anti-heartburn
-Maalox
-Digestive Enzymes
-Gax-X (extra strength)
-Ginger Tea
-Smooth Move Tea
9. Why did I drink all that tea??? This was a bad idea.

The only thing that makes it "go away" would be laying on the couch doing nothing. The discomfort is still there, but for some reason laying down seems to relax my system for the time being.

What was my next plan of action? Call mom: WHAT? I need to cut out all grains? Seriously?

On to my next venture: no grains. Seriously now, what is left to eat? My diet has consisted of the following for the past two days:

1. Pumpkin
2. Trail Mix
3. Coffee
4. Tuna
5. Peanut/Almond Butter
6. Apples
7. Bananas
8. Lettuce
9. Popcorn*
10. Mixed frozen vegetables*
11. Eggs

*oops--contained corn...who knew corn was a grain?

Depressing. It's sad to say I'm not sure if I even like food anymore. I have become incredibly fearful of trying any new food and/or eating out in the past few months. It's just not worth it. When it comes down to it, I would rather just eat at home. Even still my diet has become quite limited as you can see. I know this sounds like a dream diet to some where carbs are non-existent-but seriously, it's just not worth it.

I guess GFDF now has a new meaning--GRAIN Free, Dairy Free. Free-DUMB that is.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! that's such a bummer, but glad you are figuring it all out!

    ReplyDelete