ilovemylife

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Spiritual Renewal"

I put that title in quotes not as a proper form of punctuation but instead because, well, let's just call them "air quotes."

Back in October our staff was granted a block of time out of the office to focus on spending time with God and away from all that is during this time of year. The time, date, location, and goal for that time was up to us. So what did I do? Picked a time and date, location (a few), and set a couple of open ended goals with the intent that I would wait and see what I felt like that day to really focus on.

To be honest, I went in to work this morning thinking it was scheduled for next Wednesday, but to my surprise (and joy!) the day was today. So, 1pm rolled around and out I went. Now, my goal for this is not to tell you about some miraculous interaction or God encounter that I had-that's just not my style. A is for AWkwARd. My goal for this is well...

...to tell you that I fell asleep. Yep, that's what I did. Apparently "spiritual renewal" in fact implies sleeping, hence the air quotes. This is not the first time I've done this...actually last time I fell asleep twice. Ya, there was some other stuff at the beginning and end, but most my time was spent sleeping. So my question is this, does that still count as spiritual renewal?

I think it does.

1 comment: