ilovemylife

Monday, November 16, 2009

Hungry Hippo

Are you ever just so hungry that you cannot seem to get full? I wonder if this is something normal people ever feel or if it is solely a characteristic of those with food allergies. It's not that I crave a particular food and won't feel satisfied until I get that food (although a Sprinkle cupcakes doesn't sound so bad), it's more so that there just seems to be no food in the world that satiates me. I am always a little hungry, never fully satisfied, and always wanting more.

Thanks to my mother I try very hard to fill up on greens (if you want to eat, eat a head of lettuce!) but that just doesn't do it. My go to food is peanut butter. I eat it on everything: rice cakes, tortillas, apples, cereal (don't ask), my finger, a spoon, rice bread, chocolate chips, other nuts, carrots (again, don't ask), and anything else that might be found in my fridge or pantry. Peanut butter is salty, sweet, GFDF, and delicious. It goes with just about anything and is full of protein that actually satisfies more often than not. I can easily go through a jar of this heavenly staple in 7-10 days.

Is this inability to feel satisfied common to us allergy ridden people or is this part of my family's digestive curse?Perhaps I really was made to be a little plump. Maybe then a drop in blood sugar wouldn't instigate WWIII or an F-5 tornado warning with anyone in my path.

What satisfies you? How do you get full on GFDF food?

1 comment:

  1. I don't! I'm still hungry all. the. time. too! I thought I was pregnant, but I'm not! Phew!

    ReplyDelete