ilovemylife

Sunday, April 25, 2010

thing(s) i'm learning

I learned today to bring an extra [eek] bra with you to a baptism. Either that, or assume the worst and wear your swimsuit like you planned.

I also need a new blog title. Why do you ask? Because I'd like to close, 'er, move on from the "Gluten Free-dumb" phase of life. Sure, I still can't eat the stuff, but it's just so much easier not dwelling on it. This blog never really ended up being what I thought it would be, despite my [feeble] attempts.

Through the last two years I have learned to laugh at life and not take myself so seriously. Laughter is good. Laugh excessively-that's my new motto (as of the three seconds ago I just typed it).

To be honest I've been somewhat inspired by a few other blogs I've read recently-not the serious kind. Well, by "not-serious" I mean funny, but very real. Authentic. Authenticity is something I'd like to strive for. I am a relatively honest person, which thankfully I've mostly learned to use to my (and others') advantage, but authenticity is more than that. People appreciate authenticity, and I think authenticity elicits change. Authenticity acknowledges what everyone else is thinking, bringing it out into the open for what is necessary-conversation.

This is what I am thinking about, what are you thinking about?

Oh, and do you have any ideas for a blog title for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment