ilovemylife

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time is of the Essence

Do you ever feel like you just cannot quite keep up with life? OK, dumb question. Who does NOT feel like that? If you're out there, please let me in on your dirty little secret.

I am a "yes-person." Yes, I will do this ridiculous task for you, yes, I will "put it on my tab," yes, I will be there, yes, I will hold myself to somewhat ridiculous standards at times, yes, I will go on this errand for you, yes I will take care of this or be on top of that. The real question is, what do I actually say no to? I say no to going out with friends, I say no to baby-sitting when I am scheduled to work, I say no to gluten and dairy-laced foods, I say no to my family, and no to reading my Bible.

I am not the girl who wants to complain for attention or claims that my life is SO much more difficult than yours, but right now it just sucks. Sure, there are perks to being 22 and I love them, but I am currently battling life after college, life after 16+ years of being in school. School is all I have known and although I relieved to have graduated, this new life is harder than I thought it would be. Wow, that takes a lot to admit. Moving on...

Now that I've admitted that, I might as well admit the other things going on in my head that I am not so good at revealing out of fear that no one really cares:
  • Losing my job because of the economy
  • How I will survive after I lose my job
  • Doing my job really well (i.e. Winter Camp, VBS, weekends....)
  • Cleaning my house
  • Eating food that will not make me sick
  • Finding "The One"
  • How I will ever manage to take a weekend off
  • Having a social life
  • Being part of a small group
  • Leading my small group
  • Not burning myself out
  • Reading my Bible
  • How I will get to Italy to visit Katherine
  • If I will make it to Peru post-VBS
  • How I will get to North Carolina to visit Lindsay
  • How I will get to Kansas to visit Jenna
  • Finishing (starting) my taxes
  • Paying back student loans-on time
  • Saving long-term
  • Maintaining friendships
  • That the filming I did on Thursday for Winter Camp is funny and NOT embarrassing
  • That I get to spend time with my nieces and nephew
  • Starting new hobbies or at least picking up the ones I left off when I left for college
  • Being a good example/role model
  • Exercising
  • Maintaining my weight
  • Reading more
  • Not stressing out
  • Finishing all my 75% read books
  • Decorating my house
  • Not spending too much money decorating my house
  • Wanting new clothes but trying to work with what I have
  • Finding that check I need to deposit
  • Keeping up with bills

Some seem big, some seem small, but any list this long could (and does) seem daunting. I can only do so much and I'm only 22. But at what point can I not use that excuse anymore? At what point will I see all these things fall into place? Tomorrow is a new day, and as a matter of fact, today is still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment