ilovemylife

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm a little sad...

Guess what!? We got a puppy! Well, D, my roommate, got a puppy, currently and most likely permanently named "Bear." I am super excited about this new addition, especially since he is just the cutest little bugger ever! And so far he is quite well-tempered. I know he is not "mine" but it is still fun to have a new addition to the house, and I am sure I will have plenty of time to play and take care of him over time.

So why am I sad? You see, we were initially going out to get me a bunny. I know it is a silly animal to purchase, and maybe a little weird by some standard, but I grew up owning bunnies, so it seemed like a fun idea. I know they can be a lot of work, but I also just felt the need to be impulsive. Anyways, I was not overly impressed by the bunny selection at the first store, which also happened to be the place we found Bear. So, after buying Bear we moved on to the next pet store...and then the next, and then the next. Apparently people just do not feel the need to provide a good bunny selection (if any) in the O.C.!

After getting a bite to eat (with Bear in tow in D's purse...yes, he is that tiny) we headed off to our fourth and final pet store. However, as we sat reviewing our menu choices, I could not help but feel a little "one-upped." I know it seems silly, but I am guessing, just guessing, that it has something to do with my Youngest-Child-Syndrome. Now don't get me wrong, I love Bear and am so excited to have him, but I am still feeling a little "Penelopied,"--you know, that skit on SNL with Penelope who is the official "one-upper"?

http://videos.humpingfrog.com/18632/2007/06/penelope-skit-on-snl.html

Well, anyways, basically it comes down to me having a moment of impulse that I didn't get to act on although I was totally willing, and then getting overshadowed by the excitement of an expensive, precious, sweet little puppy that I just knew everyone would love. I mean, who really thinks a bunny is more exciting than a puppy? Sadly, I might be over it--the bunny I mean. I don't want to be, but I think I am. And it makes me a little sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment