ilovemylife

Friday, August 13, 2010

i made the jump

Well, not so much of a jump as it was a leap.

I joined FB again. I am a little bit hating that I did, but I am only committed to a week. (Side note: this is beginning to feel like..oh, what's the word? Not purgatory...when you ask forgiveness from your priest as a Catholic? I am such a terrible "religion" major. You get the idea. I'm confessing. OH YA! Confession. I feel like I am going to confession.)

So I rejoined FB. I HATE that it is so easy and that my whole profile is back up and running just as I left it. To be honest I haven't looked through it at all, but I can tell that it's me from 2 yrs. ago. That's a really odd thought. It's kinda like looking through one of those junior high journals I mentioned in an earlier post.

Judge me if you like, I really don't care. The deal is this: I am committing to 1 week of FB (until next Friday) when I will decide what to do with it. Chances are HIGH that I will be "deleting" it once again, but at least at that point I can tell people I tried. I give thanks? gratitude? credit? to one particular friend for this move. I am doing it solely for her. I doubt I'll keep it. At the same time I am interested to see what will happen with it. Ugh. This is the crap I HATE about FB. I hate the hold it can have on you. I hate that it represents my life. I care too much what is presented to others, so this is just one more thing for me to obsess over. Maybe I am in a better place though now? Who knows. I'll keep you posted.

This should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's all about how you approach it. It doesn't have to represent you...it can just be how you keep in touch with people and see cute pic's of your nieces & nephews...cause lets be honest, I'm terrible at doing anything else with them. It doesn't have to own you. Interested to see how your experiment turns out. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete