ilovemylife

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm Baaaacckkkkk

I've been on quite the hiatus from this world of blogging lately. Perhaps there has been too much going on. Perhaps I don't know what to write. Or perhaps I simply cannot manage to finish a thought. I've read a lot of those "stream of conscience" blogs in the last few months, and perhaps that's what I should start doing. Why finish a thought when you have plenty to start?

All that to say-I'm back. I'm a month in to 2010 (I guess we all are) and already a lot has changed. Without getting into the details, I can at least say that this year is still lookin' good. I still have hope---and rolling with the punches in the meantime. Year two has already proven my theory that year one sucks. I've pretty much done everything I can do in my job so now is the time for me to do things better and with more efficiency. I love those words. Better. Efficiency. That's more my style. I like my job better--and that is HUGE in my book. Can't say I will love it forever, but I love it for now. Wow, that's a strong word-not sure if I am ready for the "L" word. Well, it is February after all.

As much as I am blessed by others in my job, I can be equally frustrated by them. The one thing I can say though is that I am a little more confident in my decisions. I work hard, I am dedicated, and do the best I can. Sometimes I surprise myself by what I can accomplish. It's those moments that I am reminded I didn't accomplish much of anything-God did. I also have boundaries. I refuse to let my job consume me or my life. I like to think that by setting boundaries of my own I will encourage others to do the same for themselves. (Side note: Boundaries and bailing are not synonymous. Ask any volunteer coordinator).

There is plenty more to be said, I am sure, but in the meantime the couch is calling my name. All-Nighters with [68] 4th & 5th graders can do that to a girl. Even a girl who is still only 23. Only 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment