ilovemylife

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

follow me #3

Topic: Candy

I don't love candy. I'm not one of those people who just can't turn it down or can't stop myself from finishing a bowl of [your favorite candy]. I enjoy how much of it tastes. Some candies are so completely satisfying that I wonder why it hasn't been part of my life for such a long time. Why have I let myself miss out on such bliss? One thing I can't seem to turn down would be the love-it-or-hate-it joy that comes from none other than...candy corn. I don't think I am going to like it, but I know that I do like it because I have memories of liking it, so I try it, and I like it. I like not just the taste that reminds me of roasted marshmallows, but I like the memories associate with it. How often do we love things for the memories associated with it? As a kid I nibbled each layer down to the next in attempt to discover if each color had a distinct flavor. That's what I love about kids...their curiosity. Kids are curious, kids wonder, imagine, assume, and try things. I don't always love trying new things. I am adventurous when it's on my terms, but I don't love trying new things. I'm sure that makes me sound like a prude. I'm game for adventure, being silly, standing out for being ridiculous or trying new things, but only when I want to. Like I've mentioned before, I fear failure, I like perfection. I know I'm nothing close to it, but it's sure worth a shot. I'm talking to much about myself here. Let me start this over.

I dont' like candy, but I love candy corn. Candy corn is delicious, I have some on my side table that is currently taunting me in this semi-inebriated state so late at night after a long day. That was a run on sentence i think. Sorry about that. I hate those. I love editing. I would love to be an editor. I think it is seriously fun. What do you think is fun that most others might not? Math? Accounting? Chemistry class? Cleaning your toilet?

This is my brain on crack. Sorry about that. I never promised these would be good or interesting or make sense or be funny. These spaghetti thoughts are a release and a discipline for me. This is imperfection at it's best and me at my worst. Thanks for playing along...if you got this far. You don't know how much it pains me to hit the "publish post" button. That bright orange button staring me down and blinding my tired eyes. The pain is keeping me from hitting it...and continuing to make me ramble on. Again, sorry about that.

Did you follow? I don't blame you if you didn't. I didn't even follow myself.

Kbye.

1 comment:

  1. I like candy corn A LOT. But it's so sweet it hurts my sensitive teeth. Yet, I eat it anyways.

    ReplyDelete