ilovemylife

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!


After reading through a few other "Not Me" posts, I couldn't help but write one of my own, especially after a day like today--a Tuesday. But nevertheless I have more than enough Not Me moments to document. My only hope is that revealing my Not Me moments will be theraputic and bring a little light-heartedness to an otherwise overwhelming time.

So here goes. I'll start from the beginning.

I did not have a meltdown with a co-worker last week.

I did not spend 2-3 hours working on VBS while babysitting Co. I certainly did not follow that by working an additional 8-1o hours on top of my normal work weekend of 8-10 hours.

I did not have another meltdown today in front of 2 directors, the associate children's pastor, and 3 other co-workers today. I did not cry away all my make-up. I did not then have to present the missions station in front of 200 people.

I did not take away a volunteer's responsibility, and I definitely don't think she was offended or frustrated by it. I also do not think I have lost her as a friend. Or at least her support as a future volunteer.

I, at 22, would never, and did not call my mom twice today on my last nerve to share my incredible frustration.


I have certainly not been ignoring the Kindergarten script for VBS.

I did not come home only to wash away my sorrows with a glass of wine, chocolate chip cookie, and 97% fat free hot dog with ketchup.

My boss did absolutely did not call to offer her apologies for all my frustrations as well as the help of a co-worker over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment